Working in Cairo, Egypt as a 5th grade teacher at Hayah International Academy. Ready to explore my new city, learn the ways of the M.E. culture and travel my pants off.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

"Four and below, take it down low. Five or above, give it a shove"

...Then I asked my students, what does 26 years old round to?

"Miss, you are closer to 30 than you are 20".

"Thank you for that," I replied.

What a good birthday with my Cairo amigos.  I was not expecting much of a night but when I walked into my favorite Thai restaurant 17 minutes late for our dinner date (weird, I was late, but I think it helped the surprise) I found 15 of my friends sitting at a table waiting to eat!  After dinner, the lights went out and the waiter passed candle sticks around to everyone as they brought out a HAWKEYE cake.  I sat back and thought; I am celebrating my 26th birthday with some pretty incredible people I have known for less than three months while slammin' down a Tigerhawk cake (per my favorite Canadian, Amanda) in Cairo, Egypt--  I don't know if I will ever experience this scenario again, but I am going to relish the unique moment for a while.


Year 26 will bring..

  • Marathon #2 with my best friend: same distance, different continent
  • Teacher turned Tour Guide: Feb, March, April, May & maybe more..
  • More Red Wine
  • Freedom
  • Ragbrai with the Beavers
  • Larger Book collection, new and old
  • Mt. Kilimanjaro climb
  • Eat Massamon Curry in Thailand
  • Make new friends, visit old ones
  • Emails with Gram Jo

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a great birthday! What a great list for 26. :)

    ReplyDelete