Working in Cairo, Egypt as a 5th grade teacher at Hayah International Academy. Ready to explore my new city, learn the ways of the M.E. culture and travel my pants off.

Monday, September 27, 2010

My New Super Star

My girl, Haidi, has such a big heart.  On the seventh day of school she brought her teacher her very own freshly baked cake.  I told her "Shukran, Shukran owie owie owie!!!"  She smiled then gave me a hug.

I could tell Haidi had watched her parents welcome others in a similar way.  She put her arms out like she was an experienced host and shouted in her proudest voice "Welcome to Hayah and Welcome to Egypt".  I think this gift helped her feel like a mature and responsible eleven year old.  It was a wonderful feeling to receive such a welcome and even better to see her so proud of herself, her family and her culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment