Working in Cairo, Egypt as a 5th grade teacher at Hayah International Academy. Ready to explore my new city, learn the ways of the M.E. culture and travel my pants off.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Is that grass green?

Yes, oh yes, and I couldn't have been happier to be running, jumping and diving through it.  At noon today was the first day of women's softball practice in the Cairo American Softball League.  What a wonderful time to play an outdoor sport in the desert in August, ehh?  (my new Canadian friends are rubbing off on me).  I have to admit, it was great to get out there and play an organized sport again- the dirt, the heat, the dirt..  Really, nothing can compare.

The team is comprised, for the most part, of American and Canadian teachers from several schools around Cairo.  Many of them have been around town a number of years so it will be nice to have another outlet in the the expat community.  After a deep refection on the day's practice, it is hard to believe this new group could reach the skill level and talent of the KC Beavers (preggo's and all) but I am fairly positive these traveling teachers know how to have a good time.

Hope to be playing shortstop and plan to have games every Tuesday and Friday until December... No matter how the season goes (I mean, I don't exactly like to lose),  it is a pretty great feeling knowing I will see, touch and smell green grass at least twice week, Inshalla.

2 comments:

  1. a softball league? i'm sooooo jealous right now. Man, I'd love to be doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we could use your all-stater skills:)

    ReplyDelete